Under the new proposed rules, do your medical records contain these 6 points?
- The patient’s current comprehensive assessment
- All interventions, including medication administration, treatments
- Goals and progress in the patient’s plan of care
- Contact information for the patient and representative
- Contact information for the primary care practitioner
- A discharge or transfer summary note
Your clinical records need to be consistent with the plan of care the actual care given to the patient.